Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Benefit Coralista & Hervana Box o' Powders ♡ Review/ Swatches







Ello, ello, ello! You must have stumbled across my beauty blog! Welcome! Today I am going to be giving you my thoughts an opinions on the Benefit Cosmetics 'box o' powders.' 

I recently ordered these amongst a couple of other things from the American Benefit website. It worked out a hell of a lot cheaper than going into Myer and paying $50 something a pop. 

The two bok o' powders that I selected are Coralista (a light peachy pink) and Hervana (a pinwheel design with 4 different colours in the one. All swirled together it makes a pretty light pinky mauve.)

Honestly, I could not be happier with these. They look incredible on my cheeks and having an amazing, sweet scent also! 

The only thing that gets on my nerves is why they changed their packaging with Hervana. I personally prefer the old school pull of lid on Coralista better. However, in saying that, I like how they have made the little brush that comes inside Hervana, slightly angled compared to Coralista's flat, useless, little excuse for a brush. 

So, summing it all up, I say, if you have been considering picking one of these cute, little blushes up for a while, go ahead and do it! You will not be disappointed! 

Don't forget to stop by my youtube beauty channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/beautywithgenevieve?feature=mhee













Share:

13 comments

  1. I love Hervana, the packaging is annoying though, the corner of the lid somehow went inside the box and dug a big hole in the powder.. It's such a brilliant product though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg i definitely agree, i love it too but god that sucks! :( x

      Delete
  2. love that colors! you got a great blog:) Maybe you like to follow each other? We follow you for sure! Would be great if you follow us back:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Although I think different products have different lids, because I have Sugar Bomb which has the pull off lid (but maybe cuz it's older too) but the Hoola Bronzer has the same lid as Hervana.

    And coralista looks a lot like Nars's Orgasm, how do they compare?

    And of course I can give you a shout out, but I can't guarantee anything magical because I don't have that many followers but thanks for doing that for me too! (:

    http://risingsun-fashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought the same thing when i was thinking about buying orgasm and coralista..but truthfuly...they look nothing alike...coralista is so much lighter and less pink and more peachy/orangey. Orgasm has a much more intense shimmer which i like :)

      Delete
  4. thanks for the comment on my blog, I've only just seen it. Your blog is really nice and I'm following you now :) You are very pretty
    Cerys ♥
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanna get a boxed powder from the site :) How long did shipping take? xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hai gen! I need a new foundation brush, any ideas on what one I should get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welllll....i would get ecotools from priceline...not to expensive, they're what i started out with x

      Delete
  7. Ohhh pretty :P How much cheaper was it to order on the american site?
    Verity x
    http://vintagejournal.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog and LOVE it! Now following you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always look at these but never pick them up... are they really $50 where you live!! Oh my that is super expensive they run in the $30's here in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Genevieve!! I just stumbled across your blog, I entered the Rimmel Beauty Insider Comp and was seeing what everyone was up to and saw your fantastic YouTube channel and then the link to your blog! This blog of yours is fantastic, I love the beauty product reviews! So much so that I'm your new follower :) Keep blogging lovely, this is great :)

    Pop by and visit my blog Taken By Surprise! xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig