Thursday, 12 July 2012

NARS Laguna Bronzer & Orgasm Blush ♡ Swatches/ Review





Yes, I know, the millions and gajillions of times that we have seen these two cult beauty favourites is ridiculous. These two items from NARS are amongst a handful of the most popular makeup items in the world. 

My friends recently purchased them for me as a birthday present. As you can imagine, I was in absolute hysterics when I saw the Mecca Cosmetica bag. 

Laguna (the larger product of the two) is seriously perfect. I use it with a sigma angled contour brush and it slims down my face and adds a gorgeous sun kissed glow. This is going to be incredible for summer as it has a slight shimmer that will glisten in the sun. 

Orgasm (the smaller one with the inappropriate name) is a pinkish/coralish/gilded blush. Yes, quite the describer I am. The reason why I say gilded is because it has the most amazing gold shimmer through it that adds a lovely sheen to the skin. 

Many people say they prefer deep throat blush over orgasm blush as it is not as intense and has less shimmer. I completely disagree. I absolutely love this blush and most certainly do not think that it is too out there/ intense. 

The only con that comes to mind with these products is the price. Prepare yourselves.... laguna bronzer retails for $50 and orgasm blush $40. That's just Australian high-end makeup for you though. There is nothing we can do about it.

So, if you do have that kind of money to spend then I 100% recommend these gorgeous cheek products. Thanks for stopping by!





Share:

12 comments

  1. seriously babe, go to kissandmakeupny.com for all your NARS.
    Everything there is HALF the price it is at Mecca and postage is only a flat rate of $10! I know you mentioned these two were a gift so thats ok but don't be scared off by Aussie prices! (I bought these two recently check out my NARS haul post and Mecca make-over event!)

    http://tocreoquekim.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you sure they are legit??? I was going to order a while ago but then i got worried and backed out. how many times have you ordered and how long doe the shipping take? xoxo

      Delete
    2. 100% legit. I wouldn't buy from them if I wasn't sure. I have only bought once but it was a mega haul and I have heaps of friends you have bought from them before no dodgyness, nothing suss! I got mine within the week. My friend Hannah who writes 'beauty down under' will vouch for them too. The savings are well worth it. It is cheap because that it how much NARS actually retails for in the states, not because of dodgyness lol

      Delete
  2. Great review! I love the Nars Orgasm blush. I really want to try the Laguna bronzer but I still haven't mustered up the courage to buy it because I already have two pretty good bronzers and it's probably unnecessary for me because I don't use bronzers that much.

    I got my Nars foundation from Mecca Cosmetica in the Myer in the city because I had a $20 voucher. Some of my other Nars stuff has been bought in Mecca as well but I buy a lot of my makeup overseas because it's cheaper. I just wait it out and then I usually go to Hong Kong at the end of every year. But I am considering buying off that makeup website you told me.

    I honestly don't think the Nars Sheer Glow is the best for dry skin, but you can check out other reviews. I have combination skin and in the winter it is more on the dry side and I noticed that the sheer glow foundation highlighted more of my dry areas and I had to keep spritzing with my MAC Fix+ to keep my skin hydrated.

    Hope that helped (:

    http://risingsun-fashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much, that helped a lot! What state do you live in?? haha sorry i forgot ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review :)
    I would LOVE to be able to afford NARS products...
    I was a bit stupid and didn't realise Mecca Cosmetics was actually a store IN Australia and I saw in the city and was like "OMG!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Well i didn't buy them...as i said, my friends got these for me for my birthday this month! Gotta love them! xoxo Genevieve

      Delete
  5. i am a big fan of nars! the best blush ever!

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
    see you around!

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award :) here's the link for it! http://anansays.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post !

    Looks really nice I really need to check NARS out because I see it everywhere but haven' t checked their website yet.

    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, I LOVE these colours..great another thing I MUST have... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two of my absolute favourites. Also love Nars Sheer Glow...couldn't live without them. You should order from Kiss and Makeup NY. So much cheaper, shipping just $10. I've been using them for years:)

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig