Sunday, 29 December 2013

Aesop Parsley Seed Face Mask | The Review

Lovely backdrop courtesy of Rae Morris and her dashing beauty bible.

New blog title, new beginning, just in time for the New Year. Sounds good? I think so. 

Today's post is being constructed to worship the first face mask I ever bought: Aesop's Parsley Seed Mask.

In short, I think of it as an all-rounder, natural skin saviour. It only requires 15 minutes of your precious time and the herbal aroma makes the whole experience that much better. Slap a thin layer all over your face, or even in a few problematic areas, and then wash it off with a flannel when your time's up. Simples. (Yes I did just quote that ridiculous meerkat).

Aesop claim that it 'is suitable to most skin types' and it 'removes impurities'. I'm with you on this one, Aesop; you delightfully-simplistic, charming company, you. My wallet most certainly does not agree with you, my wallet hates you.

The featured ingredients on the tipety-top of the tube are parsley seed, (wow, no way) evening primrose (why not the morning?) and rosehip seed (don't have a lame joke for that one, soz). Along with some more oils, extracts and flowers that I have never heard of, all the ingredients sound good to me and have not caused any problems. Although, what the hell is methylchloroisothiazolinone?!

This mask is perfect for when your skin is feeling like 'utter crap' to be honest with you. The scent, the packaging and the results make this prod a staple in anyone's skincare routine. It really calms angry skin down and makes me feel a bit better if I'm having a lazy-skin-week. Shhh, that's most weeks.

I use it every few days or so and it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry, just fresh.

Thanks for reading and do stay tuned for more!





Share:

2 comments

  1. I've always heard good things about Aesop masks but never given them a go. Your post has convinced me that I need to now! Thanks for sharing- really like your blog, having lots of fun reading your posts! Oh, and your little Rory is GORGEOUS! xx

    beauteebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been on my list for so long but the price makes me want to cry! I would have to order it which is the only thing stopping me, I think if I saw it in a shop it'd be straight in the basket!

    Really love your pic backgrounds by the way :)

    H xx

    http://headscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig