Sunday, 29 December 2013

Bedside Beauty | The Edit


My right bedside table; home to some current reads of mine & an empty Glasshouse candle, of which stores the bedside beauts.

The gang 

When I go to sleep at night, I find it relaxing, therapeutic even, to do some last-min pampering before the day is out. Also, this way I will wake up looking slightly less Godzilla-esque and my pesky lips will not shrivel up before morn'.

First up is the NUXE Reve de miel, a lip SOS with a citrusy scent. Sounding good already? - There's more. This little pot of heaven has travelled all the way from France to our Priceline shelves here in Oz. About time, NUXE. It is such a rich lip balm and because of its thick consistency and slightly-yellow residue, night-time is the only time for wear. Love it. 

Next we have more of a no-fuss, cheaper lip balm for caramel crazies - The NIVEA Lip Butter Caramel Cream. This just proves that one lip balm isn't enough for me, I want them all. It is still thick like NUXE's prodigy balm, but has a glossier finish compared to more of a matte alternative. Smells great, feels great, cost is GREAT... what's not to love? 

I'm not going to lie, my mitts tend to get neglected a lot of the time, despite my growing collection of hand creams. Therefore, I have sent The Body Shop's Ginger Sparkle Hand Cream to the bedside stash as a nightly reminder to keep my paws hydrated. It has an intense, but lovely, spicy scent and was the perfect prod to get me into the Christmas spirit. (Yes, my beauty supplies make me feel festive. What of it?). Being a perfectly-petite size, this cream is a must-have for anyone's bedtime routine. 

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is something new but something loved. I just can't get enough of these citrusy scents - even the thought is heavenly. Nobody really cares about their cuticles in comparison to the rest of their body. Fair enough, I guess they're some sort of minority but they need some treatment too! This prod has noticeably healed my ghastly, dry cuticles after just one application. Brilliant! Thank you Burt, thank you bees. 

Now for the wild card...Oooo...The Sleep Sniff Box with Lavender, Chamomile & Neroli. To be completely honest, these sorts of things are often quite gimmicky and pretentious. But, but, but...they act like some sort of placebo, or maybe they do really work, I don't know. My muddled thoughts straight up on the internet - sorry for the confusion. What I'm trying to say is that even though this might not be the most effective prod in my stash, it feels luxurious, smells like a spa and is quite a cool concept. 

And that's a wrap! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more! 

What products enhance your beauty sleep?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig