Wednesday, 19 February 2014

M.A.C Woodwinked Eyeshadow | The Review


A swipe of 'bronzy' eyeshadow all over the lids, accompanied by lashings of mascara and a touch of eyeliner never seems to fail. My go-to shadow for a simplistic yet superb look is Woodwinked - a classic, a beauty, an all-rounder.

Woodwinked has a 'Veluxe Pearl' finish (whatever the hell that means) and it's your standard, permanent line M.A.C shade. You can let out a sigh of relief now…. I know how frustrating it is to fall in love with a product and then hear someone say the 'd word'. Discontinued. *Gasp*

I feel like Woodwinked is a perfectionist, a high-achiever, a gold star awardee in the eyeshadow world. It's smokey but subtle, glittery without being chalky and a killer medium-bronze. Parfait.

If you were to start a little M.A.C ensemble, this would be a brilliant blending shade that catches light and attention. Definitely a staple in my collection and fantastic for lazy-makeup-days when all the fuss, tools and colours is just too much.

Independence is another strength of this wonder-prod. Woodwinked doesn't need the whole M.A.C fam cramping its undeniable style. Worn alone, making sure to blend out any harsh edges gives a really effortless yet effective look.

So, what are you waiting for? Head into M.A.C already - it will probs create a deep whole in your wallet, but there's no way of turning down something this good. $36 later (yep, I said 36…youch) and you'll be ready to rock bronze-lids.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!

What M.A.C eyeshadow would you recommend?



Share:

8 comments

  1. Hello Gen...
    I really enjoy reading your blog. It would mean a lot if you check and follow mine if you like.
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the first shade I chose from Mac definitely a beauty:)x

    curlsandcomets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I followed you right back, your blog is so lovely! Looking forward to your posts. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shade!

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks again for your lovely comment on my blog, I decided to check your out too and I love it! I have to say that Woodwinked is definitely one of my favorites, its just so versatile! Hope you are having a great day, I just followed you <3

    Marianna
    x o x o

    http://mariannakhan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a pretty shade, thanks for the comment on my blog :) now following you too! great blog!

    hollykatebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review! this color has been on my wishlist for a long time! :) And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC & bloglovin!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this color, would like to try it out sometime!! Just found your blog and really like it! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Facebook or bloglovin to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig