Friday, 9 May 2014

Priceline Haul


So, that time has come again - I've spent money on a bunch of beauty related bits from Priceline. Were they necessary? No. Do I care? No. Will this kind of thing happen sometime again in the near future? Hell to the yes. Not gonna lie, this is a pretty frequent occurrence and one of which I hope you don't mind me sharing. I am quite the enabler. I'll say sorry in advance for catalysing your cash-flow problem (when I say cash-flow problem, I refer to all of your cash flowing into Priceline's registers). Soz not soz.

You know when your skin just feels blughBlugh is the only way I can describe it. Spots are appearing in places where you never thought spots would appear, your skin is beginning to resemble an oil slick yet in some spots reminds you of the Sahara Dessert and it's all just a bit too overwhelming. I feel you. Never fear, blugh skin days do have an upside - justification. Yep, justification of spending a whopping amount of $ on some new skin saviours. Always look on the bright side of life, folks.

Speaking of bright, my first prod-to-purchase was Aveno's Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser. My skin practically begged me for a pick-me-up, so what better way than to inject some life and radiance into it? Discolouration and dullness be gone, illumination and life come forth. Definitely keep your eyes peeled for a review of this in the future.

Here's something I'm ashamed of: I, Genevieve, Australian beauty-blogging enthusiast have never, I repeat never tried Lucas Paw Paw Ointment. Uh-huh, it's embarrassing, it's not cool - i get it, please don't hurt me. This is one of those cult beauty products that just about everyone in this country adores. It's multi purposeful (i'm talking bites, burns and you just know I'll be using it for nappy rash - lol) but is infamously known for soothing chapped lips (aka my worst nightmare and something that none of my 1,03221442482439584954395923 lip balms can solve). Giving it a whirl at the moment and quickly falling head over heels in love.

Gonna whiz through these next two newcomers. The St Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub caught my eye, propped up on the shelves looking like a million bucks (only $7.99 which is fab). It smells a-mazing and has a funky, green tinge. The exfoliant itself isn't too harsh, with very fine granules for getting rid of those nasty, dead skin cells but doing it without scratching up yo' face. If my face was on a railway line it would be called 'Zit Central'. Well, i'm exaggerating but you get my drift, a few blemishes here and there. Hopefully St Ives kicks them up the butt. I will report back to you on that one along with the Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser. It's au naturale, has a superb Aesop-esque scent and the bottle to match. Very excited to scrub-a-dub-dub my face with this.

Bor-ing. *Yawn* Did you say makeup wipes? Cotton pads? Ok, yep, that's my cue to stop typing. I'm pretty sure those two items are quite self-explanatory. Much-needed essentials to get my skincare routine done properly.

Any skincare recommendations from Priceline? I'm always ready for another excuse to venture out there. Not even going to deny it.


Genevieve x
Share:

4 comments

  1. I absolutely love Lucas paw paw ointment! I have loads of dry skin and eczema issues and it clears it up better than any prescription creams ever did. That foaming cleanser sounds good I might have to give that a go seeing as I've just run out of the one of been using :)
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can just never have enough cotton pads and make-up wipes LOL. i always buy multiple packages, they run out so fast!

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gen

    I really enjoy reading your blog. It would mean a lot if you check and follow mine if you like.
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never have enough beauty products, I'm saying!

    loyaltofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig