Saturday, 12 July 2014

The Post-Workout Ensemble


Do I 'workout' as such on a regular basis? Hmmm - nope, not really. But on the occasion that I do slip on some runners, fill up a water bottle and brace myself for the closest thing to death that I can experience whilst being alive - things can get a little sweaty. Just when you thought this beauty blog of mine was heading in a fitness direction. Nuh-uh, I'm merely showing you some essentials to revamp an ungodly post-workout appearance.

I look pretty ghastly after working up a sweat, so it's time to bring in the big guns. First things first, deodorise those sweaty armpits or call beauty a quits, because a nasty after-run scent will send all the boys running for miles. Lol, boys. My top pick to 'stay dry' comes in an aerosol can and has a white ginger and peach fragrance - the Dove So Fresh Deodorant smells divine and puts an end to the misery that we know of as sweating.

Speaking of diminishing sweat, nothing beats oily hair quite like the Batiste Dry Shampoo - this one is in Cherry …but seriously who am I kidding, I couldn't say no to that packaging. Exercise is always accompanied by greasy locks for me, and it's not like I can just jump in a shower when out and about. That's when dry shampoo comes into play. Just spritz some along the hairline, massage it in with your hands and tada! Sweat in hair - not a good look.

Of course, bobby pins are essentials. Use a few here and there to tidy things up a bit, and tame those wild fly aways that decide to crash the workout party.

If you turn tomato-red after exercise like yours truly, I'd highly recommend picking up the Avène Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water. It's a pick-me-up in a can. Nothing feels better than spritzing a nice, cool, hydrating face mist after getting all sticky and hot. This one is also targeted for sensitive, irritated skin and should help things (by things I mean the hideous state of post-workout appearance) get back to normal asap.

Powder is vital to 'mattify' a sweaty state. The Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent is the perfect candidate to banish an oil-slick of a face and inject some normality back into the skin. Team it with a trusty powder brush (mine from Sigma) and you're all set!

Lastly, concealer has to have a mention. Everything likes to go for a bit of slip and slide during a workout sesh, including my blemish coverage. Chuck a bit of concealer on any super-red, nasty areas and you will feel 10329484385 times more presentable. My pick - the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.


Genevieve x



Share:

10 comments

  1. Love your blog, check mine out when you get a chance chick. Let me know your thoughts. xxx
    cozyuprw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! Yours is looking amazing:) x
      Gen
      http://editorinthemaking.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/the-post-workout-ensemble.html#comment-form

      Delete
  2. Love this post, what camera do you use? And I gotta get that dry shampoo, i've seen so many people rave about it, but i'm scared it'll show up in my fairly dark hair. Do you have that problem? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! I use a Cannon 600D. My hair is pretty dark and white patches appear when you first spray the prod - but massage it in with your hands and it disappears instantaneously! Super simple.
      X Gen
      http://editorinthemaking.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/the-post-workout-ensemble.html#comment-form

      Delete
  3. the batiste dry shampoo is soo good!
    i love Avène products but never tried out this spring water:)

    lots of love xx
    Nee from ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go in Summer - very refreshing! Gahhh love it.
      X Gen
      http://editorinthemaking.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  4. I really love the fact that you chose the Stay Matte powder. I have it too and let me say, you are 100% about it.

    loyaltofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a total saviour!
      X Gen
      http://editorinthemaking.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/the-post-workout-ensemble.html#comment-form

      Delete
  5. I love your style of writing and how you lace a bit of humour into it. I feel the same way when working out that it's basically a near death experience. I suppose that just means I ought to do it more (boo) haha Great post! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Molly! Your comment made my day :) x
      Gen

      Delete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig