Friday, 31 October 2014

Priceline Haul


Ever entered a store needing just one item, and come out with a plethora of pleasing yet unnecessary bits and bobs? Mhhm, it happens to the best of us. Well, last night I had a reminder on my phone to buy 'JUST LASHES' from Priceline, and somehow a couple of other prods ended up in my basket. *Cough* In my defence, a few of these are repurchases and the others, um, I have no excuse. Oh well, all in the name of beauty! I guess I bought them for… errr… reviewing purposes? Yep, we'll stick with that.

First up are the things that I actually did need. FYI: Whilst writing this post, I have some halloween goodies in the fridge. Phewph, just finished making them all. Let's just say blog writing acts as brilliant form of 'I'm never cleaning the kitchen, ever' procrastination. Anyway, this is all because I have a halloween party on tonight. WHOOP, ready to get cray-zay. Jokes. These lashes are about as wild as I'm getting. For my outfit, I was in need of some fluttery, full-on, feathery eye-openers and I adore the glameyes range. I picked up the Miranda and Taylor lashes. All in order to 'spice up my life'. Uh-huh, my friends and I are going as the Spice Girls. Can I get a zig-ah-zig-ah? The Miranda's are gorgeous and extremely dramatic, so I think I'll use them as it is a rare occasion that you can get away with something like this!

Oh Hai Brow! from Australis is my newfound love. A perfect kit for every gal to own. I know that brows can quite easily manage to test one's patience on a daily basis, but complete with tweezers, a nifty brush, brow powders, a highlighter and a brow wax - Australis have got you covered. I prefer waxes and powders over a pencil any day. I think this is the ultimate brow-taming-bonanza that will transform those unruly caterpillar looking things on your face into beautiful brow butterflies. Wow, my metaphors really are something.

Time to whizz through those repurchases I briefly mentioned before. It is vital that both of these products are in my makeup stash at ALL TIMES. I absolutely covet the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and have never strayed for too long from my all-time-fave mascara, the Covergirl Lashblast Volume. Now, Rimmel are definitely onto something here - I'm all ears when I hear about products that are luminous or give a 'glowy' finish to the skin, this foundation doing just that. I've talked about it on numerous other occasions but for a quick lowdown: it's great for those with dry, dehydrated or combo skin, gives a great, dewy finish and as the name would suggest, it creates that 'I woke up like dis' look for all those like myself that need to inject some life into dull, morning skin. Au naturale fo' sure, but can easily be built up to a fuller coverage. Now, I don't have much at all to say about the mascara because it is really just a staple for me. Pretty much, it's the port-of-call when going for a 'voluminous' look, has a huge brush and holds a curl like no other. What are you waiting for? Bambi lashes await.

Last but certainly not least, I let my curiosity take over and decided to finally pick up one of the Australis Velourlips in Rio-D. Its peachy-coral-orange shade is right up my street, and I'm a sucker for any sort of lip stain or liquid lipstick. 'Why?' you ask. Because they are très simple to use and last from dawn to dusk. I've heard this particular line of lip lacquers is no exception, and stays put all day long. However, make sure to have a lip balm at the ready as things can get a bit dry with these kinds of formulas. Keep layering and pucker up.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go and get my Spice on. Turns out I've been dubbed Sporty Spice, so let's hope I miraculously grow a six-pack within the next three hours. As the saying goes, shopping is definitely my cardio. Adios!

Share:

5 comments

  1. These products seem great! Thanks for sharing
    x
    Rien de Rien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo - thank you for stopping by!
      x Gen

      Delete
  2. Your metaphors make it
    Hope you enjoyed Spice girling it for the night
    x

    www.ambloglife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that they are appreciated! …And yes it was good fun! The lash glue stuck to my eyelid the next morning - not so much. Haha
      x Gen

      Delete
  3. I lova australis! I'm going to need to purchase this brow kit- I've heard so many good things about it! Fantastic post; I'm your newest follower :)

    xx Elise: http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig