Saturday, 29 November 2014

Australis Cosmetics: Just Landed



 My oh my, what do we have here? It seems to me that Australis are on their absolute A game with these latest drops. From the coveted contour kit to the newest Velourlips shades, I am just about on the edge of my seat. There's nothing quite like the promise of new makeup collections, but when they hit the stores - well, sometimes those promises can be as empty as the barren shelves. However, no fear! Australis are on the ball and have stocked up for all the 'makeup-crazed' out there like myself, who just about had a conniption when hearing the news that the AC On Tour Contour Kit was sold out at Priceline. Now that I've got my paws on it, (amongst the rest of this dazzling impedimenta) let's get cracking:

5 New Velourlips Shades: If a matte lipstick and an ultra-pigmented lipgloss had a baby, it would somewhat resemble these bad-boys. To add to the already stunning collection of bright shades, Australis have brought some slightly more pastel (but equally as gorgeous) hues to the table. As I've mentioned before - make sure that your lips get some TLC before donning these. Things can get a little bit dry, but with a trusty lip balm underneath, you can be rest assured that they will last through all three meals of the day and every sip or munch in between. They are full-proof and look great! Not to mention, they smell like cherries. The cherry on top, you could say. *Insert winky smirk here*

Australis Bronzing Powder: Update: Summer is here and I'm still pasty white. Thank you world, for the invention of bronzers, because without them I'd be deemed Caspar The Friendly Ghost. If you want to look like you've just got back from paradise, either book a trip to a Greek Island or douse some of this glistening goodness on the temples and around the cheeks. The latter will cost you a lot less and create the exact same effect. I've got the shade 'Golden,' and so far I just can't get enough of how warm and slightly shimmery it is. Usually I don't stray from a matte bronzing prod, but I think I have been converted. Will get back to you on that one.

Matte Out Mattifying Face Base: I have never tried something like this before, as I'm always too busy trying to rejuvenate my dry patches instead of masking the oily ones. This is basically a little, purple stick of goodness. Oh and no, it does not come out purple on the skin - calm yourself. I gave it a whirl for the first time today and can confirm that it is some seriously cool stuff. It's about 10:30 at night right now, I am chilling on the couch (the air-con is blazing because Australia is just too hot to handle) with some chocolate at hand and am way too lazy to get up and do my whole skincare shindig just yet. So now that I've set the scene, one might picture my base makeup as melty and disintegrating. But no, this stick actually worked a treat - I am jumping on the bandwagon and riding off into the sunset (with a flawless complexion instead of a grease-ball of a face). Get on it.

AC On Tour Contouring & Highlighting Kit: *Cue angels please* I am not going to talk about this one for too long because I have enough faith that the photograph above mixed with the endless hype surrounding this will be enough to get you in a car and off to the closest Australis stand. Keys at the ready people. Pretty much, you've got: a light, skin-toned shade, a banana-yellow highlighter, a shimmery illuminator, and 3 contour/bronzey shades in various tones. I can already tell that this is going to be my new 'holy grail' in the realm that is my makeup collection. Absolutely stunning, and something that we don't see everyday here in Aus stores. The perfect sculpting kit for an incredible price of $16.95 - you'll be putting Kim K to shame.

Aaaaand, that's a wrap. Speaking of which, keep an eye out for an upcoming 'Christmas Gift Guide For Her' on my Youtube channel (linked in the blog side bar) where everything will be getting very holly and jolly in time for the big day. I'll be playing Santa and showing you my top beauty and lifestyle gifts that are sure to induce some swooning moments when unwrapped this year.
*These products were kindly sent to me by Australis*

Share:

1 comment

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig