Thursday, 15 January 2015

The Lip Crayon Craze


My name is Genevieve, and I am addicted to jumbo lip-crayons. It's been going on for quite some time now - with all the hype and endless launches coming from every makeup brand and their dog. I just can't seem to turn down a good lippie... and when they're in a dinky, pencil-form, complete with an array of desired finishes, there is simply no stopping me. Between the funky assortments of packaging and the release of my inner 5-year-old-self when applying them, you could say I'm well on board this beauty-bandwagon. For today's post, I've managed to choose a select ensemble of lip crayons that I deem mandatory for your collection!

NARS:
After receiving the NARS Digital World Lip Pencil Coffret (phewph, what a mouthful!) for Chrissy, I have fallen head over heels with their Satin & Matte Lip Pencils. I've been trial-running these for a little while now, and am so chuffed with the colour-pay off, length of wear and comfort that they entail. If you're after the perfect, bold, matte-red lipstick, 'Cruella' is the bomb.com and my pick of the set.

REVLON:
Revlon were the trendsetters that I believe catalysed this new beauty-phenomenon. Don't get me wrong, there were many similar products out before these, but nothing that ever caused as much spark and excitement. They first revealed a line of Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains (exhibit A is the hot pink on the far left in the image above) which are nourishing, bright and give an ample sheen to the lips also. After such success, REVLON then released some matte alternatives and an extra-glossy bunch too. I've only tried out the originals and the mattes, but can safely say they are both FAB! You can pull off a bold lip like nobody's business, or sport the perfect everyday colour, depending on which formula and shade you opt for. It's like a pick'n'mix system, but in lip-crayon form. Ooo yeh. REVLON still have the widest range out, and are bound to have something suitable for everyone. My favourite has to be the Colourburst Matte Balm in 'Audacious' - a smoking, matte coral.

BOURJOIS:
The Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons are by far the most natural and nourishing candidates. I adore the shade 'Peach on the Beach' for a fresh, summery pout. These are the ideal balancing act between lip-TLC and colour pay-off. Plus, they rank at the cheapest price out of my lip-crayon favourites. Be right back, I've just persuaded myself to go out and bleed Priceline dry of the rest of these stunners.

Until next time...


Share:

3 comments

  1. Great post! I've tried Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons and they are by far my favourites!

    hollykatebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via Instagram?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig