Saturday, 21 February 2015

Evening Out Makeup | Bronze Eyes, Bold Lips


From time to time, it is fun to experiment with a bit more makeup than necessary. I channel my inner mad scientist and play Einstein (minus the test tubes) with a concoction of products and mixture of colours. I'm not eluding to shovelling on the foundation with a trowel or anything, but it can really be a lot of fun stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. In saying that, what is really new in this picture? I've confessed my love for bronze eyeshadow an innumerable amount of times now, and no surprise, I've chosen an orange hue for a bold lip. However, this is definitely not something I sport on my weekly Sunday grocery-shop-stop - I think I'll be saving it for some upcoming events on the social calendar instead.

PRIMER
-Apply a smooth, thin layer of primer all over your face. My pick: Benefit's Porefessional 

BASE
- Using a buffing brush (Real Technique's sell my personal fave), don some foundation. Begin at the centre of the face, and work your way outwards, making sure to keep everything smooth and seamless. I tend to go with something a bit heavier when opting for a night look. My foundation 'cocktail' is a mix between Rimmel's Wake Me Up and the L'Oréal True Match.

POWDER, CONTOUR, BRONZE, BLUSH
Yeh, more like 4 steps. But, you can use the same brush for all if you would like! That's the beauty of keeping everything with the same, powder finish. First, dust a translucent (no colour pay-off) powder all across the T-zone and any areas of oiliness. Next, use a matte, contour shade to define any areas of the face. This could be under the cheekbones, down the bridges of your nose, in the crease of your eyes (really recommend doing this step at this point in the application) and across the temples. Finish off with a dusting of coral blush on the apples of the cheeks and the standard '3' method of bronzer.

BROWS
Comb them through and until they morph into your ideal shape. After that, simply feather through a wax brow pencil of your desire. Keep it natural, but defined. The Napoleon Perdis brow pencil is fabulous, and my lower-end pick would be from Rimmel.

MASCARA + EYES
Applying mascara at this point in an evening look is a clever trick of the trade. This way, you can map out the eyes before applying shadow. As mascara always finishes off a look (in my opinion anyway), you will get a realistic glimpse and guideline of what shape to go for with shadow. I'm in love with the Covergirl Lashblast mascara and have worked the Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc in Green Living all over the lids. Blend, blend, blend to achieve a really smoky effect with this shade. PS. Never forget to add a light, champagne shimmer in the inner corners of the eyes and brow-bones. At this point, take that same glowy shade across the cheekbones! Too easy!

LIPS
Last but hardly least, crack out the lip colour of your choice. I think the vibrant orange really compliments the rich, bronze eyeshadow. M.A.C's Morange and Napoleon Perdis' Hara are the best in the business.

Tada! One gorgeous, eye-catching, bright evening look that never fails! Have fun and until next time...


Share:

2 comments

  1. Love the lips! Must get my hands on MAC Morange x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful look! Definitely need to purchase that lipstick!
    :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig