Friday, 6 February 2015

The Pamper Posse


I don't know about you, but there's always something pretty invigorating about a Sunday night. A whole new week is ahead, and even though that Monday morning get-up can seem quite daunting, it also means that a fresh 7 days of opportunities are screaming out 'bring it on!' to you. So, to get myself totally in the zone for a Monday, I like to do some general maintenance and TLC on the Sunday night before. This not only involves some top 40 music-blasting and a decent chocolate stash (which may or may not be breaking me out and defeating the whole pamper purpose), but also lots of 'quiet time'. Quiet time is what mums nag you about maintaining and also what many psychologists recommend on a day-to-day basis. It is all about taking yourself away from technology and winding down for the night. Here's what will help you out:

Your favourite magazine: VOGUE, Marie Claire, Girlfriend - you name it, I'll read it over and over again until the next monthly intake has arrived. Fashion, beauty, hair, skincare, celeb gossip that I secretly love to read from time to time...it's all there.

Some Nail TLC:
Revitanail nail strengthener is something that I have recently been applying before my week begins. It gives my nails a glossy sheen and also turns them macho, fast. This means: no chipping, no flaking, no 'OMG I broke a nail!' moments.

Bath Time:
LUSH have your pamper sessions covered. I love their soaps, bubble bars, shower gels, bath bombs - I LOVE IT ALL. There's so much to choose from, and they are seriously fun. Also, getting into a hot bath will not only pump up the relaxation levels but also deter avid gadget users from spending any more time on their phones.

Don some lotion:
The Body Shop Mango Body Butter is great to slap on to combat flaky skin. They'll be no snake-like-skin-shedding going on during the week if you incorporate some moisturiser into your routine.

A bit of lip love:
NUXE RĂªve de Miel is something that I've already raved on about in a review a while back. Basically a kick-ass, french lip balm that means business.

Skin detox:
Again, I could simply praise all day until the cows come home about my Aesop Parsley Seed Mask. To keep things simple, this is a quick-fix for extremely angry skin. Say bye to the little devil incarnations growing on your face after leaving this on for an easy 20 mins!

A good read:
Alexa Chung IT is something that I love to flick through in my downtime. It's by no means a heavy read, and is slightly more of a coffee table book. Nevertheless, it is written beautifully and Alexa never fails to entertain. More on my current reads coming up soon!

Well, that's my pamper posse all rounded up! Until next time....


Share:

2 comments

  1. I always need a good Lush bath bomb with me for a pamper! Great post :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a pamper evening :) bath bombs are a must!

    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig