Sunday, 26 April 2015

Brow Game.Set.Match | The Tutorial


I've restrained from doing a post solely based on brows for a while now. It seems that brows have become such a big deal recently, and different people have different ideas as to what the 'perfect' brows look like. (Can I get a word count for the number of times I say brows in this?) Some have an affinity for really full, highly-defined and pristine eyebrows, whereas others tend to dig the Cara Delevingne look. By that, I'm referring to keeping a strong framework going, but having more of an unruly, natural appearance. Now, I can wish over birthday candles, four-leaf clovers and dandelions to possess those iconic Delevingne brows, but it's just not going to happen. It's a fact of life. *Sigh* But, this is where makeup comes in. I'm going to talk you through some of my star brow-discoveries and how I use them to go from caveman to Cara (or at least try).

STEP 1: Tweeze & Groom
When it comes to tweezing, trimming and taming, I believe 100% that it should be left up to the real professionals. I've never had my brows done properly, but I sparingly tweeze out pesky, stray hairs on occasion. DO NOT OVERPLUCK. EVER. I have heard of and seen so many brow horror stories, and wouldn't even wish them upon my worst enemy. Post-tweezing, it's good to do some combing with a spoolie brush or other, similar tool. In the pic above, I've included the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil, which has a fab brush on the end. It's good to get your brows into top shape before applying your product, and this gives you a nice outline of where you're headed.

STEP 2: Colour In (Lightly) 
This is where things can go wrong, fast. My favourite brow pencil in the world right now comes from Napoleon Perdis, and I have the shade Pale Rider. It's a great, wax formula and is a greyish-blonde. Obviously, I am a brunette, but using a lighter shade is always a good plan. You'd be surprised how dark some of the colours turn out that you thought looked like 'a match'. Using a blonde in my brows keeps things cool-toned, and saves me from the orangey-hues that many brown options come with. It will pleasantly surprise you, trust me! Wind up this pencil, and feather it through your brows, concentrating the most product in the centre and outer-area. Leaving things natural at the start leads to a lovely, simple look. Avoid a heavy hand, and you'll be fine. This is so simple to work with, and I've already managed to convert a few friends over. Your turn!

STEP 3: Set & Tint
This is the most recent addition to my makeup stash, and as suspected, I'm addicted to it. The Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara is one of the coolest prods I've come across. It has a short, mascara-like wand and is essentially a tinted brow gel. I have the shade dark brown, but despite what I said earlier, this isn't orangey at all. It is a great find, and a steal at under $20. When I can't be fussed with brows or makeup in general, I can just swipe this on and be good to go. However, it's also wonderful to set all your hard brow-work on a full-face-of-makeup day. The perfect finishing touch!

Next to try in the brow arena is the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil. What's on your shopping list? Until next time...



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig