Friday, 29 May 2015

F.O.T.D | Weekend Style


So, I was kind of MIA last week. Basically, excuses aside, I was just a tad too lazy and sadly broke my 'one-post-a-week' streak that had been going strong for quite some time. #Fail. Anyway, I refuse to let that happen again, and am writing today in between a solid sandwich of exam revision. I'm calling it exam revision, but really I've mastered procrastination and have made around 3 hot chocolates, decided that the floor was in desperate need of a vacuum and then fell back on the standard, 'the dog needs a walk' maths-postponer because I honestly don't care about the difference between simple and compound interest. Ugh. Oh well, c'est la vie, and I'm sure I'll survive exams to tell you the tale. Having spent the majority of today in da house, I have definitely downsized my usual Saturday-makeup-menu. Today's all about KISS, (clearly loving the acronyms atm) which of course stands for keep it simple, stupid. So, in the spirit of keeping things simple, here's what's on the makeup agenda for this weekend...

The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer:
This is great for when it's one of those days where foundation is not an option, but you still need a bit of coverage here and there. You feel me? I've revisited this concealer recently and love how easy the application is, with that little, spongey, roller-device. Also, the formula's quite thin, and you can apply a bucketload without feeling like you're wearing any makeup whatsoever. I just love, love, love it.

The M.A.C Mineralised Skinfinish Natural:
A classic in my collection, this powder never fails to just amp up the coverage levels in a few swipes with my Ecotools brush. This, paired with the Maybelline concealer, prove to be a pretty dynamic duo on lazy days. It always manages to add some warmth to my complexion, and leaves that no-makeup makeup look that we all go wild for.

The Napoleon Perdis Eyebrow Pencil:
I've already raved about this on multiple occasions, so we'll keep it short and sweet. Basically, i find that this waxy-wind-up works wonders on my brows - how's that for alliteration? It keeps everything natural, and ensures that my weekend makeup is kept to a minimal application time. *Applauds*

The Bloom Lip Gloss:
I don't know when or where I bought this (helpful, Gen) but it's one of the only glosses I can stand. By stand, I mean that I can walk outside and my hair will not stick to my lips when I wear it. If you can't get your hands on this gem, the Sportsgirl Liquid Lip Colours are on par. I love a peachy-pink, and this gloss is a lovely addition to this natural look.

The Rimmel Wonder'Full Mascara:
Wonderful is an accurate adjective for this one. Again, it's not a necessarily dramatic pick, but it really lengthens and separates my lashes. Perfect to add a bit of pizzazz to any tired eyes!

Time to hit the books. Until next time...
Share:

2 comments

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig