Sunday, 3 May 2015

Max Factor Excess Shimmers | The Review


I'm feeling quite ashamed as I look at the pic above - swatching the product before taking the the snap - what an amateur beauty blogger move. But, this tells you one thing, and that is: the Max Factor Excess Shimmer's are simply irresistible. Here's some of my first impressions of this newbie...

I've been on the hunt for a decent cream eyeshadow lately (by decent, I mean one that won't go all flakey and dry after a few uses  - ahem, talking to you Maybelline Colour Tattoos) and finally stumbled across this Max Factor instalment by chance, during a brief shopping expedition yesterday. I picked it up for $20, which is a pretty competitive price when compared to M.A.C paint pots and Chanel illusion d'ombre counterparts. This shade is 25, bronze (I now own my body weight in bronze eye products) and it's very coppery and shimmery, right up my street. The best thing about this, though, is its texture. I'm talking a soft, bouncy, cloud-like formula that I doubt can ever dry out. It's whipped up like cupcake icing when you first crack open the lid, but as mentioned before, I just YOLO'd it and dug my paws in right away.

The staying power is so far, so good. I popped this on my lids at around 9am this morning, and it's now verging on 6pm at night. The colour is still going strong, there's no weird crease lines, and I'm wrapped if you can't tell. Application is a dream. It's great to use a M.A.C 217 or Sigma's similar e25. These fluffy, rounded brushes do all the work for you.

There you go - they say first impressions count, and this cream shadow has definitely made a good one! There's going to have to be some serious restraint going on for me to not head out and buy every other shade. Until next time...

Share:

2 comments

  1. I saw these and swatched them a couple of times and gosh a tiny bit goes such a long way! I think I might purchase a couple very soon :)

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Crazy stuff - defs get your hands on some! xx

      Delete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig