Sunday, 10 May 2015

SOS Winter Beauty


Chapped lips? Dried out skin from serious heater-use? Flaky limbs (ew)? If you're ticking off a few of those transition-to-winter prerequisites in your head right now, then it's time to let out a sigh of relief - here's the prods that'll turn you from lacklustre to lively in a flash.

For some lip TLC:
My lips give a whole new meaning to word dry when winter rolls around. So, I always call on some of my star troops to try and restore the situation before things get out of hand. A lip scrub is my best friend when my pout is looking like one massive flake. After brushing your teeth, just massage a sugar scrub all over your lips and then do one last rinse. My pick is LUSH's Mint Julips, for a heavenly, mint-choc option that is almost edible - in fact, it is edible, and let's be honest, I tend to lick it off sometimes when a tap is not handy. Shhhhh. Then, for the cherry on top, whip out the lip balm that works best for you. For something really creamy and mask-like, I slather on the NIVEA lip butter. That caramel scent - ahhhhhh -  I'm seriously going to end up eating all my lip prods. Would not advise.

For a head-to-toe moisture surge:
When it comes to facial moisturising, I can always count on the Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF15 pump-bottle of pure gold. It's lightweight, and sinks in almost instantly before you need to slap some foundation on, yet injects a shedload of moisture back into my dehydrated skin. Even in the colder months, SPF is a must, and this acts as the perfect 2-in-1. I've repurchased it over and over again, somehow always managing to have a back-up at the ready to avoid the moment of complete despair in which I discover the current bottle's emptiness. Then for the bod, I turn to my creamy, dreamy Body Shop Mango Body Butter. When nothing else is seeming to cut it, I always opt for this thick butter. I'm severely lazy and don't moisturise everyday, but luckily this can restore my skin when I've let things get out a bit of control.

For a WAKE ME UP glow:
As a firm-believer in the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, I practically pounced on their recent release of the concealer counterpart. The Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, does exactly what it says. Early winter mornings are hard, and the under-eye region doesn't always look too flash. This concealer packs a punch of illumination and has become a staple in my everyday routine. To work hand-in-hand, I absolutely adore the Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Radiance-Boosting Primer. Again, pretty self-explanitory. I don't tend to use this as a primer, but think it is ab-fab for highlighting the cheekbones and adding some life back into my complexion. Application with fingers tends to work best, for that natural, lit-from-within glow.

For a farewell to pimples:
My skin, as mentioned, loves to cause havoc as the weather gets colder. It gets aggravated, angry and erupts with pesky whiteheads. The Clean & Clear Acne Spot Treatment W// Salicylic Acid doesn't put up with any pimple action. A dab of this on any unwanted visitors and voilĂ , you'll notice a decrease in redness and pus-abundance come morning. What a lifesaver.

Until next time....





Share:

1 comment

  1. I love the Rimmel concealer, it just brightens my whole face! Lovely picks :)

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig