Sunday, 28 June 2015

The NARS Lip Pencils You've GOT To Try



First thing's first, I'm the palest - seriously, If you haven't been blinded by that picture, I don't know what. However, I've found that in times of complete pastiness, a good, bold lip colour can save me from the Caspar The Friendly Ghost look, and inject a bit of life back into my appearance. *I say that whilst sitting on an old towel because I am currently waiting for my Bondi Sands to work its magic...but if you can't get to a bottle of tan, this is the next best thing.*

The NARS Lip Pencils are setting the bold-lip benchmark high in the beauty biz. One of the most annoying things about a red lipstick, is that inevitable side smudginess, or if you're special like me, the inability to colour within the lip lines. (God knows how I made it through Kindergarten). Basically, if you want a red lipstick, or any bright shade for that matter, you'll need to spend some time with a lipliner to add longevity and an overall clean look - or so I thought. Turns out, with these NARS pencils, you can draw a neat line around the outside of your lips, and then fill the rest in....and it lasts. I'm starting to sound like an infomercial, but in all seriousness, I just really like these prods.

My top 3 picks for something BOLD, are Cruella (sported above^^), Iberico (that fabulous orange) and Yu (one hell of a hot pink). Yu has a satin finish, which means it's not quite as long-lasting as its matte friends that I've just mentioned, but it still packs an impressive punch of colour. One tip for wearing these pencils, would have to be: have a lip balm at the ready. I adore the matte look, but you'll definitely need to have your lips in top condition to pull them off. Other than that, I just can't seem to fault these. NARS, you've done it again.

Until next time...

Share:

1 comment

  1. You really suit a red lip! I'm as pale as you if not paler, and I love red lippie but I'm absolutely awful at making it look nice & not getting it all around my mouth, so definitely want to give these a try!!! xx

    http://mynameiszoeee1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig