Monday, 6 July 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette | The Review



Being an absolute makeup maven, meant that since the release day, this palette has had me drooling and dreaming. Call me mad, but from the sleek Hourglass packaging to the array of pearlescent shimmers inside, I was in love. (I mean, just look at those pics...). I am extremely late to the party when it comes to this prod, but better late than never, right? My recent birthday was the perfect excuse to cave in and finally cross this one of the wish list. Boy, am I glad that I did - it is all kinds of beautiful, and will keep me glowing for yonks.

After finally bringing myself to dismiss the gorgeous box it came in, and swipe a brush across its perfect surface, I got to see what all the fuss was about. To keep things short and sweet, this palette is quite the lavish pick, and is a lovely item to have amidst the copious amount of makeup I've got hoarded, but is definitely not a necessity. Basically, I could do my makeup routine without missing it too much. I think however, these 3 shades are all great highlighters - one is more subtle, to use as a setting powder, the other is a sheeny illuminator for the cheekbones, and the third is good for a bronzy, summer glow. You can of course, buy these each individually at Mecca Maxima, but they are a whopping $59. This palette, for all 3, is a tad more justifiable at $76 - but even so, it's still a blow to the bank account.

There's no denial that the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette is a stunning sight, however, it is definitely reserved for a 'treat yoself' purchase. My eyes are now on the Ambient Lighting Blushes. Thoughts?? Until next time...


Share:

2 comments

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig