Friday, 21 August 2015

Let's Talk Nails | The Edit


I was always a nervy nail-biter. Sometimes it was even out of pure boredom - grade 6 Friday-maths-classes were a definite culprit, when I just didn't want to work out 'how many oranges and apples Jane bought at the market'. It's a habit, that's for sure, and definitely one that's hard to shake. I blame my now flaky, weak nails on all the years of trauma I put them through. Dammit, Gen. It's not all bad though - I've managed to devise a full-proof nail care routine composed of 3 ├╝ber-simple steps that are sans fuss yet actually work.

For: Cuticle rehab
"My hobbies include cuticle care and E! Network." Hah. This step sounds a little ridiculous, and I've gotta admit, it's one for days when you have a tad more time on your hands (pun intended). However, Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is a simple, compact, on-the-go tin of goodness that I always whip out when my nail beds are looking a bit rank. Slather some on and inhale it's delicious, citrusy aroma. You know what they say: when life gives you lemons, make lemonade cuticle cream. PS Follow this up with using one of those cuticle-pushy doovalackies for an ultra-tidy finish.

For: Nails of steel
The Revitanail Nail Strengthener sure does get around the blogosphere. It's a crowd pleaser, and definitely surpassed my expectations. Basically, you can keep a constant layer of this going on your nails (when you're having a break from colour) and have them looking all sheeny, manicured and super-strong. This really does revitalise my nails when they're starting to go all flaky on me, and will not be leaving my beauty stash any time soon.

For: Sealing the deal
Rimmel's Finishing Touch Ultra Shine Top Coat is my go-to for locking a nail colour in. It amps up gloss levels like it's nobody's business, and definitely prolongs the inevitable, first chip of all your hard at-home-mani work. I love.

Until next time...



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig