Saturday, 10 October 2015

Minis In Testing | The Review



I seem to have accumulated my fair share of minis. By minis, I mean the dinky sample products that come free with a magazine issue or a mecca purchase. They're something I refuse to turn down, and lately I've been road testing some of these petite prods to see if getting the real deal is worth it. The results are in...

NARS Satin Lip Pencil Descanso
Now this one actually wasn't a freebie. If only. I picked it up in one of last year's lush Christmas offerings from NARS. It's a decent downsized-version of the full-priced pencil, and has recently become my go-to everyday lip lacquer. These pencils are sooo simple to use, and the creamy formula makes for a très comfortable wear. This colour is the perfect combo between pink and peach, and I am moving it from handbag to clutch and back again in a rotation that will ensure it's with me wherever I go. Without a doubt, I will be restocking after sharpening all the way to the end.

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I had been dying to test out this mascara for absolute yonks before snapping a sample up alongside an issue of Elle. Win win. I'm still unsure whether I like it or not. The applicator is really funky and allows for really easy application, but when it comes to taking this off, my frustration levels skyrocket. Omg, this stuff doesn't budge. Don't even attempt makeup-wipe removal. You will fail, miserably. Definitely have to crack out the micellar water to melt this one off. Is the fuss worth the lash-lengthening? Hmmm, I'm undecided. Think I'll be sticking with my trusty Too Faced mascara and taking the lazy route.

REN T-Zone Balancing Gel Cream
This was one of those complementary mecca samples. I was really excited to test out something from REN, as the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask is right up there on the wish list atm. After a bit of googling, I think this one is basically a spot-treatment/light moisturiser hybrid. At least that's what I've been using it as, so let's hope. As the name would suggest, I mainly focus this on my t-zone, aka Pimple Capital of my face. The morning after the first application, I genuinely texted my friend in amazement of the smoothness of my forehead. What a dork. But seriously, I was surprised to see that the small, bumpy, red breakout that was beginning to erupt was at bay, and the texture of my skin had dramatically improved. I only had enough prod in that little pot for about 5-ish applications, but am definitely considering picking up the full bottle soon. REN means business.

Urban Decay Primer Potion 
I only just discovered that my Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette came with a complete set of primer potion samples. They're tucked away in a little pack and include the original formula, an anti-aging version, the matte - eden, and the shimmer - sin. On a day-to-day basis I never tend to worry about eyeshadow primer, but for a special occasion, it's a must. This primer potion has been around forever and there's a reason why the hype has continued to this day - it works. All these different formulas should keep me going for quite some time. Stocked up and loving it. 

That's a round of minis tried and tested. Until next time...


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig