Saturday, 31 October 2015

The Red Lip 3 Ways


In prep for a day at the races, I've been on the hunt for the perfect lip colour to tie in with my new, red dress. A red pout is always high maintenance, but I've tried to narrow my stash down to the 3 most long-wearing, full-proof picks that will see you through any occasion from the beginning to the end with minimum fuss. Here are the chosen ones:


Your matte lipstick: 
Russian Red is one of M.A.C's elite. It's that deep, blue-toned red that takes a slightly more vampy, sultry route as opposed to something along the lines of Lady Danger or Ruby Woo - think of it as their mature, older sister. It's also ├╝ber matte, so one resigned for good lip days only. It's sure to pack a punch of colour and the traditional lippy packaging makes for easy application on the go. In saying that, you'd need to pair this one with a lipliner for that clean-cut finish.

Your ultimate stain:
The newest addition of all the reds: Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in Always Red. This is what dreams are made of, people. Unlike the other two candidates, this one is that true red colour. Not too orangey, not too wine-y - just right. It won't budge for a few hours, but can tend to bleed a bit from the centre of your lips after a long-wear and can make reapplication quite the palava. In saying that, I absolutely adore this prod, and think it's so easy to just swipe on over the lips. It's back-of-a-taxi-without-a-mirror appropriate, made for applications in a jiffy.

Your creamy crayon:
Ok, I think the winner has to be the NARS Lip Pencil in Red Square. NARS never seems to fail. I mean, if you've had the pleasure of swatching one of these on the back of your hand in Mecca, you'll know they mean business - the best combination between matte and moisturising, with a myriad of colours on offer. A lip crayon makes application a dream, because you really don't need a lipliner to pull of a crisp outline. Ahhh, I don't know how you do it NARS, I just don't.

Safe to say I think I'm red-y *wink*. Until next time...




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig