Saturday, 7 May 2016

Saturday things



Ah, Saturdays. Nothing like waking up on your own accord rather than the incessant buzzing of the iPhone kalimba alarm - pure bliss. This morning I had some smashed avo on toast, took my spoodle for a walk down the beach and got ready for a day of house hunting. I forgot that VCE existed for a few hours and it was fabulous. Makeup was très minimal and only a few beauty bits made it onto my face. Ooo, these are good...

The Napoleon Perdis Blush Patrol is all kinds of phwoah. Just look at it. A swirl of a stippling brush into this swiped onto the cheeks makes your blush/bronzer/highlight simultaneous. It's a 3-in-1 that will get you straight out the door and sticking to your Saturday morning agenda. All that glitters is pure gold when it comes to this prod.

The Lucas PawPaw Ointment is your Aussie classic. I think this stuff can just about fix anything. Chapped lips? Yep. Dry patches? Yep. Blisters? Yep. Broken bones? Yep. Mmkay almost everything. I have recently fallen back in love and can't get enough of it. I have a stupid amount of lip balms, but have to say that this is what works best on a dry pout on these crisp autumn mornings. This inexpensive, red tube of goodness always has me coming back. Well done Australia, what a winner.

The Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Facial Sunscreen SPF 30+ is a mouthful. Basically, this feels a lot less greasy and just all-round a bit more pleasant than slip-slop-slapping regular sunscreen all over your face. The sun was out for a top of 26 degrees (weird) despite it being only one month away from winter in Melbourne, but then again it's Melbourne. This meant slathering some of this on before any other makeup in the hope of preventing that whole à la beetroot look I tend to go for after a few minutes soaking up some rays. An important step, people - don't forget it.

The Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara is a newcomer. I've run out of my trusty Too Faced BTS Mascara and threw this mini into my bag as a temporary replacement. Have to say though, I am loving it - ultra black, great brush, über lengthening and makes for some serious competition. Even when I'm going for a minimal look, mascara is mandatory.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Trove | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig