Friday 7 April 2017

The DKNY Cross Body that Stole my Heart


I've found the one. He's tall, dark and handsome. Absolutely strapping. 10/10 would throw over my shoulder.

I don't know what it is about handbags that can make sensible people have disastrous lapses in self control. This happened to me just the other day when I was strolling through the MYER accessories section on the hunt for some earrings. EARRINGS, dammit. However, in true Me fashion, I failed to enter the shopping centre and come out the other side with something that I actually intended to purchase.


Instead of accepting earring-shopping defeat and strolling on home to the pile of unappetising Uni work that awaited me, I saw a glimmer of black and gold. I pivoted, clenched my teeth and worked up the courage to head over there. My wallet was seriously screaming no, but my heart - YES. SOMETHING OUTRAGEOUS AND UNPLANNED TO SPLURGE ON. Giddy up.

This is where your Shopaholics Anonymous counsellor would pull you away and reprimand you for having breached your spending sobriety. I, however, was with no such company and decided to 'just have a look' at this charming cross body.


In my defence, I have been scouting just about everywhere for a new, medium-sized bag to throw on and house my everyday essentials. Something big enough for a glasses case but too small to fit a laptop. Whilst I care a lot about personality, it also had to have shedloads of SEX APPEAL. Tick.

The gold hardware is minimal and timeless, free from any oversized or garish branding. Whilst I'll admit to having pined over the Gucci Soho Leather Disco Bag among a few of their other offerings, I was far more besotted with the subtly and uniqueness of this wardrobe staple. I mean just look at it. Agh. I couldn't be happier with the investment, even if it was made on a ridiculous whim.

Aaaand, that's about it. We've been virtually inseparable since. The couple photos will come flooding in shortly so be patient.

 In sickness and in health, until death do us part.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© . | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig